Friday, November 1, 2013

Recipe Index

By the way...

Check out my new feature on the right:  a recipe index!  BAM!  Wait, is Emeril going to sue me for saying that?  Let's hope not.

Anyway, as I make this transition to being g-free, I've rediscovered my passion for cooking.  Sure it takes a bit longer than grabbing a quick bite from a fast food joint and/or restaurant.  And yes, it involves a little planning to get the right ingredients stocked in the kitchen.  BUT it's totally worth it when you take that first, delicious bite and realize you've just made something fantastic.  And personally, it gives me the warm-fuzzies to know I've made something that isn't going to result in me being sick for the next 3-4 days because I accidentally munched some gluten.

Now cooking is pretty manageable in today's gluten-conscious world, but baking is the real challenge to g-free living.  Baking is a science and taking gluten out of the equation can really throw a monkey wrench in the process.  However, since anyone who knows me knows how much I love my delicious desserts (especially baked goods), I will be trying my hand at some g-free baking soon.  My kitchen is already stocked with xantham gum and brown rice flour!

I'll only post things that I've made and enjoyed.  Hopefully that will limit the amount of dud recipes that I pass along.  And keep in mind, most regular recipes can be translated into g-free versions with just a few modifications.  If I find something like that, I'll try to post the modifications I made in the post's title so I don't lead you astray.

Final note:  if any of you have good g-free recipes, and don't mind sharing, send them my way.  I'd love to create a nice little recipe box for anyone looking for a g-free dinner idea.

Bon appetit!

                               Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas...NOM NOM

No comments:

Post a Comment